Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day...but Have a Good One Tomorrow!

I have always admired the book of Proverbs in the Old Testament.  When I was a young adult, I highlighted my favourite verse, or group of verses, in each chapter of Proverbs.  There are 31 chapters and approximately 31 days in each month.  Perfect! That means each day I can get a daily does of Proverbs wisdom!  Those verses stuck in my head over the years and pop up at different occurrences.

One chapter of Proverbs that has stuck out in my mind is Proverbs 31, and more specifically, verses 28 and 29: "She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.  Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her."  This Mother's Day, as well as any other day, I'm reminded of all the work my wife - my childrens' Mommy - does daily.  She manages finances, offers encouragement, prepares for the week ahead, and is the glue that holds us all together.  This morning our oldest son, Ryan, woke up and the first thing he asked me to do was give his Mommy her gift.  Tell me there is no appreciation by Mommy's kids and I'd say you were lying!  When Proverbs 31, verse 29 says her children and husband call her "blessed," it's our prayer that on her God shines downs favour.  She deserves all the love, appreciation and praise in the world.

To all mothers, may you have a great day, and if today isn't your favourite day for whatever reason, it's my prayer that tomorrow will be.

No comments: