Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

When is Spring Finally Going to be Here? I'll Tell You!

LISTEN to the RETROSWITCH EASTER PRESENTATION Friday by clicking here!
Follow RetroSwitch, and your host, Parker, on Twitter @JasonLParke.

It's hard to believe spring is already here, but you wouldn't know it here in southern Ontario.  The temperature average is still below normal, so the only thing that indicates the arrival of the season are the official date on the calendar, birds chirping and baseball.

There is one thing, however, that guarantees the arrival of spring: Easter.  The Season of Advent has, and likely always will be my favourite religious holiday.  Yet as I grow older, the celebration of new life surrounding the meaning of Easter resonates more with me.  I suppose the older I get, the more I appreciate the purpose of life, and for me, I appreciate Easter's importance.  What encompasses Easter is the significance of Lent (40 days of abstaining from something or things, which perhaps I could take more seriously!), and then Palm Sunday and Good Friday which book-end Passion Week.  Finally, climaxing the importance of Easter is Easter Sunday itself when He did the unthinkable, the deniable, to most, bringing to light thousands of years of prophecy accomplishing His purpose not only dying on the cross on that Good Friday, but He, Jesus Christ, rose from the grave and proved he offers new life to all who believe in Him and that event.


It's because of this new life I can worship Jesus.  Worship is not just praying, reading the Bible, raising my hands in church, because if it was just those things, all the time, I'd be a failure!  It's a lifestyle, and it's those who see Christ in me, my actions and words.

Take a listen to this Friday's RetroSwitch Easter Presentation.  You've likely heard some of the artists featured on the presentation, and some artists you'll hear for the first time.  Listen to Handel's Messiah done by rock veteran John Schlitt.  You've heard of his name by the Grammy Award winning rock band Petra. Newsboys, performing for almost 30 years themselves, and have been involved with the recently released movie God's Not Dead, are part of this presentation.  You'll hear hymns and choruses you've sung and heard in your church, with different artists' take.  Listen to classics by Michael W. Smith and  2nd Chapter of Acts.  Finally, take a listen to music from 2004 blockbuster movie The Passion of the Christ.  All this music and spoken word is designed to prepare you to worship this Easter season.

Bring on Spring!  Listen to the #RetroEasterPresentation on Faith FM this Friday!

No comments: