Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

How Does Parker's Face Match His Voice?

I believe who you become later in life is largely shaped by your past.  I believe your career choice is determined by what interested you at a younger age.  Currently, I drive a courier truck for a living, which makes sense because I've loved driving ever since I was allowed to drive my parents' minivan.  The funny thing is, even though I love being a radio dj, it has never taken off as a career, but it still is important to me, and being a volunteer DJ, the man being Retro Switch, was not shaped overnight.  Whether it was driving around in my car listening to Toronto Blue Jays games when I first purchased that 1996 Taurus, or cranking the tunes listening to Petra on my massive stereo in my bedroom, my love for specific radio personalities and DJs inspired me to play music and hug the microphone. Whatever music I play or whatever tidbits I speak about, there is indeed a story.


There was always something I thought was personal about my favourite radio announcers.  What was their personal life like?  What interested them off the air?  Did their face really match up with their voice the way I thought it would, if I was ever lucky to meet them?  I am only on the radio one night a week, so there is not a lot of exposure for me as a DJ to gain.  However, I understand when I do meet Retro Switch fans they are excited to match a face with the voice behind the mic (at least I think they are!).  So briefly, here is me: my lovely bride not only takes good care of my family of six, but blogs about them as well.  Get to know Parker, or Jason L. Parke, on a personal level at www.centralparke.co.  You will see what really makes Parker tick - his family, and prioritizing that God's love be the epicentre of it all.  Thanks, Jenn , for sharing to the world what goes on and off air, and help explaining to the world how Parker's true passion is expressed behind the mic!

No comments: